EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Lewistown - 8/15/2014 to 8/17/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

We held off as long as we could, but unfortunately due to work schedules we won't be able to make the rally. Hope everyone has a good time. We'll definately see you in Maryland in Sept. ED.

MrsJWalker

Heartland Gives Back

With such a wonderful Heartland response to Homes for Heroes, Jamie and I have decided to continue this effort at our Lewistown rally in August. The Northeast region has already contributed to this cause at our previous Pennsylvania rally this spring. We plan to hold a 50-50 drawing at Saturday evening's potluck and all proceeds will benefit Homes for Heroes.

MrsJWalker

We held off as long as we could, but unfortunately due to work schedules we won't be able to make the rally. Hope everyone has a good time. We'll definately see you in Maryland in Sept. ED.

Sorry you guys will miss the rally. See ya down the road.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Unfortunately, we had a cancellation. So site E is now available. Anybody want to join or upgrade to this site. It will be available soon.

MrsJWalker

Jamie and I have decided that in light of the recent tragedy in Virginia with the tornado, we are going to change our Heartland Gives Back contributions to the family of the people who were killed. We will be holding a 50/50 drawing at our Lewistown rally in August. Anyone who is unable to attend, but would still like to contribute, please contact either Jamie or me and we will give your our address so that we can include your donation.

MrsJWalker

Jamie and I visited Waterside Campground in Lewistown on Friday, the site of our August rally. They offer canoes, kayaks, and tubes for rent. They also have a free boat ride on the Pennsylvania Canal on Saturdays. This boat ride is also open to the public, but if there is enough interest on the part of our group, they may be willing to add a second ride. Please let us know if you are interested so that we can talk to them about adding a second trip.

gschaaf

We're in for the boat ride we will have our grand daughter with us put us down for 3. See ya soon!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It sounds good to me Ginger.
Great

yes to boat ride
Awesome

Yes to boat ride Liz & Bill
Gotcha

Okay I asked. Two for the boat ride.
Glad the Boss said yes.

We're in for the boat ride we will have our grand daughter with us put us down for 3. See ya soon!
Your in!!

We would like the boat ride.
Sounds good!

Yes for boat ride
Nice!

Yes for boat ride
Great! Jim can paddle.

MrsJWalker

Hi everyone. Possible bad news about the boat ride. The campground is having a carnival weekend the same weekend as our rally. They have scheduled additional activities for that. They may end up short staffed and not have anyone to drive the boat. We are still working on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.