Retired
100 Ton Master, Near Coastal with towing endorsement - have - on issue #6
Ran charters for over 20 years

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I can drive it, I know Duane can

100 Ton Master, Near Coastal with towing endorsement - have - on issue #6
Ran charters for over 20 years

Well.... I just checked the Waterside Campground rules and policies. With all those qualifications, you're able to charter one tube down the river plus an additional tube for your beer cooler. I think Jon is able to hang onto your tube, but he might need to sign a waiver.

porthole

Retired
Well I may be over qualified for their boat, but given that they advertise this area is a historic canal trip, and you set the rally up last year, perhaps they should honor the boat ride thing.

JWalker

Well I may be over qualified for their boat, but given that they advertise this area is a historic canal trip, and you set the rally up last year, perhaps they should honor the boat ride thing.

The boat ride was never agreed upon. When Ginger and I were there last, they mentioned they might be able to add an additional boat ride. They did not give any certainty. It's just not working out yet. Gingers still going to work on them.

That being said, the new management (Kelly & Colleen) have been so nice and accommodating. Moving things around for our potluck (old management double booked), taking time to confirm sites and answer questions, several times.

See you in 6 DAYS.

porthole

Retired
Any fresh water fishing types going?

Thought I would try and figure out this fresh water stuff. Might even have something light enough

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The juniata river there a supposed to be a pretty good smallmouth bass fishery. Friend of mine used to fish farther downstream with success. Not sure about up there around Lewistown though.

JWalker

Ginger and I will be looking to tour all the rigs at the rally. We need ideas for the backslash in our kitchen. Just a FYI.

Less as than a week. Whoo hoo!!!

travelin2

Safe travels. Probably going to be a wet trip for you. Forecast for central PA is for nearly 100% chance of t-storms. Looking forward to meet you and others on Friday.

porthole

Retired
Safe travels. Probably going to be a wet trip for you. Forecast for central PA is for nearly 100% chance of t-storms. Looking forward to meet you and others on Friday.

Well the good thing about weather guessing, 'er i mean forecasting is they are correct almost 99% of the time - for yesterdays weather.
On the plus side, a 50% chance of thunderstorms means a 50% chance of sun as well

travelin2

"they are correct almost 99% of the time - for yesterdays weather."

Giving them too much credit aren't you?? HA!!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hey Ginger and Jamie

We changed our arrival date we will be arriving Thursday evening sometime between 7:00 and 8:00. Come on over backsplash is awaiting! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

ljawest

Lewis and I will be arriving Thursday and maybe even on Wednesday! We're so looking forward to seeing our NE Region HOC Friends. Ya'll have been so much fun! We just got back into the states from being in Canada for 2 weeks.

porthole

Retired
"they are correct almost 99% of the time - for yesterdays weather."

Giving them too much credit aren't you?? HA!!

Some weather stations actually have a window or two, so there is an added degree of accuracy :rolleyes:
Our local station is out on Long Island, almost a bunker, no windows...........

chaplady

Hi Jamie / Ginger
Liz and I changed our arrival date to Thursday afternoon. See you all then !!!
Bill

JWalker

Lewis and I will be arriving Thursday and maybe even on Wednesday! We're so looking forward to seeing our NE Region HOC Friends. Ya'll have been so much fun! We just got back into the states from being in Canada for 2 weeks.

That is great. Should be a relaxing weekend. I put on about 3000 miles in the last 10 days and I'm coming home from Baltimore as we speak. No more driving. I'm parking my butt in a chair and I'm not moving during the rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.