EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone....Dan has reported to me that the food bank can use in particular paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, etc... Also, Dish soap, cereals and they always need canned food.

The pastor and his wife, along with the food bank lady will join us for our potluck dinner...where the pastor will give us a travel blessing for the next morning....

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: What's for Dinner?

Potluck talk time! (My favorite part of the rally, next to cocktail hour!)

I have a main dish category

Vegies/sides/potatoes

Dessert

Beverages

Please let me know which category you would like to contribute to and what you will be bringing!

Speaking of cocktail hour... there will be one on Saturday afternoon.

I'm thinking ICE CREAM.......maybe 8-10 flavors.......if thats ok with everyone else.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired

I was waiting for that Jamie !! Cool , you got our vote !!:):) Still got great memories of the first PA rally !!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Here's another vote for Jamie. Such fond memories of rally's past, with eager anticipation for those to come. Yum!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Jamie as always, a great choice!! Thank you! Maybe someone will bring toppings for that ice cream....pound cake, fruit, etc...

truknutt

Committed Member

I'm sorry, did someone mention ice cream? In the interest of healthy eating and looking out for my fellow chapter members, I think we should forego the ice cream and have fruit & bran muffins instead.

B-A-A-W !! Had you going there didn't I? Didn't think so as you know me oh so well! Fruit in lieu of ice cream at a Heartland rally...a guy could have his club membership revoked in a minute!!

The only problem with 8-10 different flavors is that it takes so long to try them all!!

dieselsweetheart

Good morning, I will post here and in the Babies Wrapped in Love thread....to save me time in Goshen, if you are contributing to my BWIL program (baby food or blankets) please send me your name in my inbox... I have a memento planned to give to you...

dieselsweetheart

YEEEEEEHAAAAAA what a fun time at the NJ rally!!! Even the weather cooperated Saturday and Sunday.... NOW, on to the PA rally!!! Now remember, if you haven't called the Fairgrounds yet to tell them you'll be in on Sunday...give them a ring this week... I posted the # back in a thread here....

At the NJ rally I had blankets given to me...and even the Crossroad Sales Owner is giving me 3 blankets! Isn't that amazing? Debbie, correct me if I'm wrong...but the lady knitting the blanket said that one was from Dina and the others were made by her for Dina....THEN, I had 2 other couples at the rally each give me a monetary donation to use as I wished for the blanket drive...!!! Really touched my heart to see the generosity of folks I didn't even know until yesterday...KUDOS!!!

So, stay tuned for additional info as we get closer to rally time. OH! I know what I wanted to remind those returning back across Ohio.... Punderson State Park for reservations that Sunday night coming back from Goshen....you can book online. Jim and I are on site 16....Greg and Beth Dean on site 15...but you will need to go online to see what is available and book... this is a very nice state park with macadam roads, nice sites, and a very pretty lake with rent-able boats and canoes...

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

Hi Cheryl, We made it home and in one piece. Only took 2 hrs. Thanks for the wonderful weekend. We are looking forward to Portersville. Thank you for everything. Betty:angel:

dieselsweetheart

Craftynana and all who have questions about the overnight in Ohio AFTER the Goshen rally... here is the link into Punderson State Park. You can book online. Jim and I are in site 16 and Greg and Beth are in site 15. Book now as sites may get full...this is a nice park!! It has a very nice lake and have boats and kayaks for rent...

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/par...0/Default.aspx

Also, you need to call the Elkhart Fairgrounds to let them know you are coming in on Sunday....which is a few days earlier than the rally officially starts. DO NOT CALL JIM BELETTI....he is not in charge of extra days...in fact, he is off on vacation now...touring the Holy Land.... call the Fairgrounds directly. I posted the # on the Portersville (PA) rally thread...

dieselsweetheart

Here is what I posted so you don't have to hunt for it....

I want to remind everyone to give the Elkhart Fairgrounds a call to let them know you are coming in on Sunday. Phone # is 574-533-3247

dieselsweetheart

I just took a look at the Punderson website and it looks like there are a number of available sites....so book away!!! Try to get around site 16...

truknutt

Committed Member

Sounds really good, I will be ready with the rolls for some tasty sandwichs

After that "Roundup" dessert you ate at the Island Creamery, I'm surprised you can still think about eating at all!!
For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, have a gander at Jim's Roundup!!!

Attachments

• Jim & his Roundup.jpg
    Jim & his Roundup.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18

dieselsweetheart

Haha...I do have to say that the ice cream cone is mine....he was just holding it while I took his picture...

OK gang, we are having meatballs and ice cream for our pot luck. What else???

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Cheryl, Please bear with us on the Pot Luck thingy until we know for sure that we will have the Big Horn back! We will let you know our choice as soon as we know we will get there for dinner. Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.