EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Chattanooga - 9/23/2016 to 9/25/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
J L Campbell pic 1863.jpg JLC Chickamauga Battle.jpg This is my great great uncle, Joseph Lytle Campbell, CSA, Color Bearer for the 1st TN Infantry. He was killed at the Battle of Chickamauga. Does anyone else have family who fought in the Civil War?
Byrd

Nabo

Question - would anyone be interested into going to a civil war dinner theater on Thursday night (this would be a pre-rally event)??? In a town northwest of Chattanooga (Whitwell) is a church that has been converted into a dinner theater focusing on the history of the civil war. It's called Buttonwillow Church Civil War Dinner Theater. Check out the website by clicking on the theater name. We can get a discount ($39.95 per person) for a group of 20 or more people. The show starts at 5:00 pm central time and its about a 40 minutes drive. If there's enough interest, I will go ahead a make a reservation.
Byrd

Last edited:

padre44

We just made reservations. Will arrive on the 22nd coming from Clarksville
Mike & Sally Murphy
BigHorn 3570RS

Nabo

Welcome Mike and Sally to your first TN Rally. We can't wait to meet ya'll.

Malcolm and Valerie - I will add ya to the dinner theater list.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Byrd, Sheila & I would be interested in going.

Paul - did ya'll plan on coming to the rally on Thursday (22nd) or Friday (23rd)? The dinner theater would be as a pre-rally event on Thursday. Just checking.
B--

Nabo

James & Rhonda - I'll put you down for the dinner theater.

As of right now, I haven't made the reservations for the dinner theater yet since the group rate is for 20+ folks and we only have 4 couples (8 people) signed up. Once we get to 5 couples (that will be half way to the 20), I'll make the reservations. So far we have the Mathis', Blackfords, Talleys and James Brown who have said they would like to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Also welcome Anita and Wayne Cooper to the rally.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Sharon and I would like to go to the dinner theater,please put us down.2 weeks and counting and we will take delivery of our Landmark Orlando.First order of business,join HOC. Frank and Sharon Sandidge

Nabo

Frank - I'll put you down for the dinner theater. Also - you can probably go ahead and contact RVs For Less about getting your vin number. I talked with Karen earlier this week and I think she said your coach has already come off the assembly line and should be shipping to them very soon.

James - thanks for the update on the change of arrival dates.

navyAZ1

Hey Byrd, I have talked with our Son, and given him your request for a demonstration of the life of a Civil War Soldier. He said he would send out an email to some friends in the Chattanooga area and see if anyone would like to do this. He also said if he can't find anyone who is available he might be able to come up and conduct the program. One issue is with this time of year most reenactors are quite busy with events, this is a prime time of year for the Battle Reenactments. FYI, 2 weeks prior to your rally the "Battle of Tunnel Hill" reenactment takes place in Tunnel Hill, GA if anyone is interested? When Jeff finds someone I'll give them your contact info if that's okay, and then y'all can discuss the particulars concerning the program you're looking for.

Nabo

Fantastic Ron. Ann has my contact info but if not PM me and I'll forward it to you. We are praying that you will get well soon and back on the road again.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Byrd & Nathan, Santha & I will arrive on the 21st and depart the 25th. The girls said they haven't seen
Bam Bam lately. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Status
Not open for further replies.