EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: PA, Pine Grove - 10/8/2010 to 10/10/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Kathy and Lee...great plan! Thanks a lot!!

Porthole, the restaurant probably closes around 9p or so. Just how late are "you" talking?? We'll fix a plate for you guys!! LOL

dieselsweetheart

uh oh, the restaurant might not be open. Just looked at that site exclusively and it seems it was only open till Labor Day. What the ?? Don't they know people camp long after labor day??? I will double check on that for sure.... we may need a back up plan...such as dinner by a fire!!

porthole

Retired
Porthole, the restaurant probably closes around 9p or so. Just how late are "you" talking?? We'll fix a plate for you guys!! LOL

After dark of course.

Actually not sure when. Depends on the bike trip for the rest of this week (weather has already delayed that).

I though we were going to sneak in at Maryland, but it ends up Beth and Greg were there already, Of course it was dark when we got there around 9

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We need a lot of fingers and toes crossed. Our Sundance is sold:angel:, and between the selling, and the date we pick up our new Big Country all occurs the days just prior to Twin Grove. It is the BC pick up date that concerns me as that date is not confirmed as yet. We hope that it all works out as planned and that we see you in PA:cool:.

supernan1414

I just called the campground to change our Thursday arrival to FRiday. I asked if they got good TV reception from the annena, she said yes, also asked about the restaurant. She said it was going to be open year around, new people have taken it over.

dieselsweetheart

Oh thanks Barbara for checking on the restaurant!!! They need to change their website information as it clearly said till Labor Day. I had also emailed them about it... Oh and yes... TV is good... there is wi-fi down at the restaurant/office area. Did you talk to Ookie? She is also a Heartland owner...they have a BC and it's a permanent there.

So, dinner back on at the restaurant!!!

dieselsweetheart

Eric!! So happy you sold the Sundance but geez...the timing on that is crappy!! Let's hope that Butch and Karen come through for you (and us!!!)

gschaaf

Hi everybody haven't had a lot of time to jump on hope to have it after I retire. Fran said she'll be making a couple of cheeze cakes for desert for the potluck dinner. Her aunt and uncle are following us up they have an SOB and are staying on a different loop. I always tell them about HOC and what great people Fran and I have met on the rallies. Hope nobody minds them coming with us they just want to get out before the white stuff gets here. See ya in PA.

Glenn and Fran

dieselsweetheart

Glenn and Fran, if your friends would like to join our group we would love to have them join us! Cheesecake?? Yummy!!! The date is getting closer... 9 days to go! Why don't your friends see if they can get closer to us? I bet there are sites available near us. Worth a try!!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Dinner Friday night at 6pm at cg Restaurant !! If you would like to join the group could you give me a heads up so that we can have enough table set a side for the group !! Plan to give restaurant a head count !! Thanks , Only 7 more day's

truknutt

Committed Member
Cheryl,

Is there an updated attendee list? I understand that I have been moved up to the grown-up's table!!

Clymer

It is with much regret that Lee and I are having to cancel from this event. We have a "horsey" (actually me not Lee) conflict that I can't get worked out so I wanted to let everyone know that we will MISS YOU GUYS and are soooooooooooooo sad not to see everyone one last time before "ole man winter" arrives. We are planning on NJ in April so we will see everyone then and for sure be talking about something on this forum or FB. Happy trails to you all.....be happy :)

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We will miss you guys...but we will keep in touch via the forum and FB. See you in the spring!!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Camp-Out: PA, Pine Grove - 10/8/2010 to 10/10/2010

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if we will be the only one with a toy hauler?
If there are others, will they be bringing there motorcycles?
Thanks, Dave

I dont know if Porthole answered you but if the weather is good, he will be bringing his harley I am sure..A big possiblity is that my son will be joining us with his bike as well. It is a nice area to ride in. Hope the weather is good and you bring yours.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Yeah ah um just how late we talking here?
Oh silly Duane... Dont I have us booked to arrive on Thursday? That would be Thursday night of course. Cant break our record and show up when the sun is shining.
Maybe we could try to break this habit and get our monies worth for the first day?

mrmagoo

Dinner Friday night at 6pm at cg Restaurant !! If you would like to join the group could you give me a heads up so that we can have enough table set a side for the group !! Plan to give restaurant a head count !! Thanks , Only 7 more day's

Greg,

Betty and I will be joining the Friday nite dinner crew...

mrmagoo

Re: EVENT: Heartland Camp-Out: PA, Pine Grove - 10/8/2010 to 10/10/2010

Ok... I have been reading thru this marathon thread... and I am just going to ask here....

What are the essentials that we need to know?

I (just) responded to Greg that we will be joining for dinner Friday night.

We will bring something for cocktail hour... (this sounds fun)

Is there a theme for the potluck dinner Saturday nite?

Is there anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart

Hi folks! Haven't had wi-fi access since we left Pa. Now we are in a pancake house with wi-fi so I am catching up. Dave, I don't think there are any changes to the roster except for Kathy and Lee canceling. Because they were going to have b-fast, I will now offer that we can have a continental b-fast at our place. If you'd like eggs, bacon, etc...bring 'em down and we will have a griddle available. Maybe I can rustle up a grill-master!

Don't forget to post your attendance at the dinner on Friday night at 6p. We have spots held for 20-30 but I'd like a firmer RSVP.

Thanks! I'll be back online on Wednesday night when we get home!

dieselsweetheart

Lucia and Mark
A-3
Oct 8/11th
Deb and John
A-4
Oct 8/?
Mike and Ann
A-5
Oct 8/10
Eric and Dorothy
A-6