First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

truknutt

Committed Member
I also wanted to let you all know about one of our Heartland brothers who had plans to attend but had to cancel due to health reasons.... with Gary Meekins' (Chickie) permission, I am letting you know that he has been diagnosed with lung CA and will undergo a partial lung removal tomorrow (8/6). I am sending out a request for prayers and thoughts that ultimately his health will be restored and the news for him after surgery will be good. Gary welcomes all extra prayers... and I do believe in the power of prayer!!! So please think of him tomorrow as he undergoes his procedure.

Thanks everybody!

Momma & I have been up to the hospital the last couple of evenings to see "The Chief" (Retired CPO) and are happy to tell you that he seems to be doing extremely well, considering. They moved him out of the ICU on Monday (10th) and if all goes as planned he will be headed home on Friday (14th).

I've offered numerous times to roll his chair/bed up into the Cyclone so he could join us at the Rally but I keep getting those strange, no, mean looks from Karen (Chickie)!! I have new tie-downs and everythng!!

dieselsweetheart

Thanks for the update Truckie...we were talking about Gary this morning...good to hear...I know he's in for some tough times (and has been through already!)...keep the prayers going everyone!!!!

Sun is out but calling for some rain tonight, but a good w/e... so we are thinking positive that we'll be dried out by then!!!!

and John cooked up a mean frittata... excellent!

dnkdancer

Sounds like everyone is making the best of the weather. Dont worry, i will bring the sun with me.... We plan on pulling out tomorrow at 1 pm so we should hit the campground around 5. Never thought I would be spending my 10 year wedding anniversary pulling a camper, funny how life changes along the way.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hello from NY plan to hit the road at 6am. I put our 2 kayaks on the truck tonight just in case the water level get's to high. We should see you around 10 or so. The leveling and stone cleaning crew site # P25 thanks !! see ya in the Am !! Greg & Beth

phranc

There is a creek out in back for those kayak's.. might be a little shallow tho'.
Hurry o down and bring te sun with you

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
freckles, Jerry and I cleaned your site this morning at 6am. Most of your stones are in good shap but we replaced some that just didn't fit in. (wrong shape for your tastes) Drive safe and see you soon.

dieselsweetheart

Hey y'all (oh my, hangin' with Gus too much!)

Having a great time at the PA rally....for those of you who couldn't make it and are thumping your head against the wall in disbelief that you've missed it....hang in there for announcements of the next local rallies...NJ has yet to post a date and we are going to plan our larger regional (Quinto states) for next year....

Still 4 folks to come in...looking forward to seeing ya'll (there I go again!)

Chickie

Powerful prayers...Answered

Momma & I have been up to the hospital the last couple of evenings to see "The Chief" (Retired CPO) and are happy to tell you that he seems to be doing extremely well, considering. They moved him out of the ICU on Monday (10th) and if all goes as planned he will be headed home on Friday (14th).

I've offered numerous times to roll his chair/bed up into the Cyclone so he could join us at the Rally but I keep getting those strange, no, mean looks from Karen (Chickie)!! I have new tie-downs and everythng!!

Thank you to all for the many prayers and well wishes for Gary's (RetiredCPO) recovery.
He is home and enjoying his new chair and old friend the XBOX Live.

He is now Cancer Free. He is in good health, very sore and has the aide of pain meds.
Truknutt [Dave] and Nona have been such good friends to watch over us.

It is true what Dave says, he did offer to put us up in the garage of the cyclone. However, he also said, if you two even think of eating the ice cream, I will have to "tie you both down". :eek::eek: Hmmm...tie-downs and everything, well of course I gave the look:rolleyes:.

We are thinking of you all and wish you all a great weekend.None

dieselsweetheart

Such great news about Gary and we're thinking of you guys and are so happy to hear your news!!!! We are having a lot of fun here and wishing you could be here....next time for sure!!!! Keep us posted and our prayers and good thoughts continue to be sent your way!!!!

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Rally

Home and getting unpacked. It was nice meeting everyone and we had a Great time and a nice weekend. Looking foward to meeting up with everyone again. Thanks Cheryl for putting on the PA Rally

Retired CPO

Many Thanks!

Thank you to all for the many prayers and well wishes for Gary's (RetiredCPO) recovery.
He is home and enjoying his new chair and old friend the XBOX Live.

He is now Cancer Free. He is in good health, very sore and has the aide of pain meds.
Truknutt [Dave] and Nona have been such good friends to watch over us.

It is true what Dave says, he did offer to put us up in the garage of the cyclone. However, he also said, if you two even think of eating the ice cream, I will have to "tie you both down". :eek::eek: Hmmm...tie-downs and everything, well of course I gave the look:rolleyes:.

We are thinking of you all and wish you all a great weekend.None

Hi folks, well as you pack up today from your Heartland PA rally event please have a safe ride to home port & NAS Backyard (from a Sailor).
I would like to thank all of you for your kinds words, your prayers, and most of all friendships. It's folks like Dave & Nona (Trucknutt) thnt make the Rallys so terriffic (that is how we make friends in IA at the National). As Karen stated so well above Davee & Nona have been just terriffic helping us through this small phase of life's many bumps in the road. Again Thank you all.

Gary :)

dieselsweetheart

Hi everyone...we miss you guys already!!! What a great time we had and I thank all of you who came for helping to make it a big success. I enjoyed meeting new couples as well as getting re-aquainted with those of you who went to the Goshen rally. Jim and I had a super time and we can't wait to get together again...

For those of you who wanted to but just couldn't make it this time...stayed tuned as we have 2 rallies planned (in addition to the big one in Nashville)... we recruited Freckes as NY Chapter leader...and Deb from NJ and Gus from Va already have 2010 rally planning in the works.

We brought 6 new club owners into the family....3 were Heartland owners who just happened to be at the KOA this w/e and had no idea there was a rally going on...(until I reeled them in! I have a way of doing that...)... and 3 others were our rally-goers who decided they also needed that handsome black plaque on the back of their rig...

So welcome to: Bob and Denise, Dean and Kathy (dnkdancer), Greg and Beth (Freckles), Donna and Skip (no code name yet as I just reeled them in), Jerry and Donna, and Chris (family members who own a Cyclone and North Trail...minding their own business until I knocked on their door...)

Stay tuned for more info... I imagine Jim will keep this thread active until the end of the year when the new rallies are posted for 2010.

Again...thank you all for a successful rally. All I did was put the date and the sites together, a few other record-keeping things... but it was all of you who brought the fun, the laughter, and the friendship to us.

Peace out!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Home again, rig washed, emptied and put away . We're already missing all our new friends. John and I talked about you all the way home. We want to extend a special thanks to Cheryl & Jim for their organizational skills and hospitality. This was our first rally and we had so much fun that we can't wait for the next opportunity to get together with y'all in OBX.

Also want to extend thanks to Jim Beletti for the information needed to put on our own rally in NJ.

Jon, Patty, Jerri and Bill it was so great to spend the week with laughing with you and Bill we won't comment on that now as someone might be eating!

There's just not enough ways to say thank you to everyone at the PA Rally so thanks again.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're home - safe and sound. Saw 3 other Sundances on the way home (one was Flying Dutchman in a reststop on I-81 South. Sorry I blew right by Eric:eek:).

It was a great rally. We learned a valuable lesson. It's hard to mix rally and grandkids. But we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to get back together with everyone.

Still sites available for the Sept rally on Cape Hatteras:D.

Gus

jbeletti

Just 5 of us diehards left here (me, jnphobe, bill40, hertzberg and porthole). Most of us are going to the Red Lion Cafe for dinner tonight.

Jim and Cheryl - WOW! Nice job of planning and putting on your first rally. You've set the bar high for yourselves. I am sure the upcoming rallies you are planning will be well attended. Not only by those who came to this one but by those in PA and surrounding states that hear about this one!

I had a great weekend of fun and meeting many new product owners and many I already knew.

Jim

jnbhobe

Glad to see everyone is getting home safely. Cheryl and Jim, What a great job you did with the PA rally.We are so glad we made the trip.You guys worked your butts off and made the rally an enjoyable time for all who attended, and we got to meet more of the Heartland family and see friends from previous rallys. A FIRST CLASS RALLY !!!!!!!! Patti & Jon :) :) :)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Cheryl and Jim, what a super job you did organizing and supervising the PA rally. Cheryl you are truly tops!!!None
Dorothy and I had a great time, WOW!!!!:D Our third rally this year with two more to go:cool:. We all certainly have way more in common than just being owners of a Heartland rig. The comradeship we shared these past few days is treasured. We hope to see "all y'all" real soon. As Gus mentioned, there are still spaces in Hatteras, and I believe the SC chapter would welcome you in Myrtle Beach. If not then ....., we'll see you in Nashville.