New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

IronJ

I got by ok on the interstate and in areas I was familiar with...but once we started doing LONG trips (3k + miles) and into more remote/ or expensive fuel areas finding a station to fit the 60+ ft monster into was harder...I like to plan stops not be FORCED to stop somewhere I'm not comfortable with.....when we had the bumper pull it was manageable since it got 9-10 mpg...now it's 5-8 mpg...that 37 gal don't last too long....

I don't know why but filling the Titan always seems to hurt more in my mind than filling the stock one 2x...lol..I pull up to the semi pumps and see 137$ sale for 18 wheeler before me , and then it cost me 150$ to fill my "lil ol ford"...lol..but I pretty much know I'll run out of desire to drive before I need fuel again....

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

SNOKING

I got by ok on the interstate and in areas I was familiar with...but once we started doing LONG trips (3k + miles) and into more remote/ or expensive fuel areas finding a station to fit the 60+ ft monster into was harder...I like to plan stops not be FORCED to stop somewhere I'm not comfortable with.....when we had the bumper pull it was manageable since it got 9-10 mpg...now it's 5-8 mpg...that 37 gal don't last too long....

I don't know why but filling the Titan always seems to hurt more in my mind than filling the stock one 2x...lol..I pull up to the semi pumps and see 137$ sale for 18 wheeler before me , and then it cost me 150$ to fill my "lil ol ford"...lol..but I pretty much know I'll run out of desire to drive before I need fuel again....

Just think about how bad your mileage wold be without "stuff done to it"!

IronJ

Lol...the tuner helps...but the big 22" wheels and 35" tall, foot and a half wide tires (all SIX) are the real killer....when. I swap the stockers on there it actually bumps up about 1.5mpg...and it's quieter and smooth like a sedan deville!!....but geeze does it look funky to me...hahaha

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

These numbers are pretty amazing.
This is The F-350 DRW
f19cd048716623c1ea5e88b5e5cc5fa3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
These numbers are pretty amazing. I thought the exact same thing when I got our truck two months ago. It is unbelievable what they can do now.
dsf7q.jpg

I was showing my dad the specs on the new trucks and he was absolutely amazed. Though, it's been 10 years since he purchased his last truck and it was just a Chevy Colorado.

It will be crazy to see what the next Brand will do. You would think it would have to stop somewhere, sometime. But, it's all good for the consumer…… Until we have to empty our bank accounts to buy one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What truck are those numbers for ?
The ford Super Duty diesel is 925 foot pounds of torque
Your picture shows 900

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Yeah, those numbers are for the 2016 RAM. I was just focusing on the tow rating for the Ford, Ram and GM. The numbers are incredible. I don't care which brand. We came from an 07 Ram. The tow ratings are almost double. Where do they go from here.

Bones

You know what sucks is that the upgrade is probably computer related. I wish they would update mine and give me the extra power.

JWalker

Too bad the big numbers listed are usually for trucks few buy, standard cab, 2wd etc.

Yep. I think it dropped it down to 30310lbs with crew cab and 4x4.

But I think if I would ever get to the point of towing even 25k pounds, I would seriously consider on of the Medium Duty Freightliner type trucks.

You know what sucks is that the upgrade is probably computer related. I wish they would update mine and give me the extra power.

I couldn't find much difference from the 2015s 865 lb/ft to the 2016s 900 lb/ft. Probably just a difference in tuning. I know they did upgrade something in the rear end. Can't remember what though. It was in one of the 500 YouTube videos I watched.

Bones

Yep. I think it dropped it down to 30310lbs with crew cab and 4x4.

But I think if I would ever get to the point of towing even 25k pounds, I would seriously consider on of the Medium Duty Freightliner type trucks.

I couldn't find much difference from the 2015s 865 lb/ft to the 2016s 900 lb/ft. Probably just a difference in tuning. I know they did upgrade something in the rear end. Can't remember what though. It was in one of the 500 YouTube videos I watched.

It had something to do with the bolt pattern. I say malarkey

porthole

Retired
They upgraded from 12 ring gear bolts to 16. They also upgraded the differential case to a stonger material. Not sure how true. Saw it on this video...
https://youtu.be/R_of9b3nPSI

Year old video, guess it is time for a remake. 900 ft lbs with an inline 6 will make a perceived difference as well over 900 ft lbs in a V-8.

But you Ram guys, just can't help trying to dilute a Ford thread :rolleyes:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If I had to pay $80000 for a tow vehicle and 120000 for a fifth wheel I might as well get a $200,000 motor home. Just saying...

Bones

Year old video, guess it is time for a remake. 900 ft lbs with an inline 6 will make a perceived difference as well over 900 ft lbs in a V-8.

But you Ram guys, just can't help trying to dilute a Ford thread :rolleyes:

Ok Mr. Ford. Ha ha Joking. I like the ford a lot. In my opinion I think there are three top trucks and maybe soon we will have more choices.

SNOKING

Ten or twenty more horse power and twenty or forty more foot pounds at the level these new trucks are at is just for bragging rights. Do I care that the Ford or Chevy can get to the top of Ike hill 15 or 20 seconds sooner in a 11 minute climb? I do not think so!

As I have said on other forums, give me better fuel mileage not more power. They are already have enough power. Chris

porthole

Retired
Sorry Dave, no mister Ford here, just happen to have one. All 3 got equal billing when I was looking in 2006 & 2010.
All 3 will get equal billing for the next one.

Especially after looking at a M2 this weekend - $156K for a 2013 !